Friday 13 June 2014

The students of San Andrea wish to share their experience in Lublin with you!

All 10 students who have participated on this unique trip to Poland have written about their experience and would like to share them with all the readers. 

This trip was truly an amazing experience. Together with my friends, I  learnt a lot about the Polish culture and also about the other countries that we met there in Lublin, Poland. It took some preparations and many rehearsals for our play to come together, but at the end of the day our hard work and interest paid off. In my opinion this trip was a success and well organised and there were more ups than downs. We made many new friends from all the countries that joined us in this trip, but mostly from Poland (due to their previous visit to Malta), Bulgaria and Italy. We still keep in touch with some of our friends on Facebook, mostly. As much as I enjoyed this trip I can't say that I didn't miss Malta and all my friends and family. 

I wish to thank all the people who made this possible and especially the teachers who joined us on this trip and for having all that patience with us. :)

Elise Sammut

Well, I don't know where to start if I'm honest, so I guess the best place to start at would be the beginning when I was first introduced to the Comenius Project in 2013.
This was when we were informed about a Guidebook which could help benefit towards the project.
The next I heard of was when the students from Poland, Bulgaria, France and Italy were to visit our school and we prepared a flag dance and I prepared a poem. From then on, my interest in the project grew and grew but the thing which surprised me the most about Comenius was how many friends I made on the trip and I am still in contact with almost everyone till this day. I believe that this won't be a trip that I will forget in a hurry, from seeing the extremely interesting buildings around Poland to the show and the traditional folk dance, from the town's people in Lublin to the competition we had on the see-saw in the park. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to meet up with everyone again.
This trip was a life changing experience and I honestly can't put into words how amazing it was and if there was a chance to have another Comenius project I would be the first to sign up even if it meant another 9 hour bus ride.

Saffy Roberts



The trip I’ll always cherish

It was such a lovely trip! The countryside in Poland is breath-taking and the kind-hearted people made the trip with no doubt even more amazing!  The palace in Kozlowka was full of riches and I enjoyed the vast garden.  The best part of the trip in my opinion was the parade where we got the chance to represent our country in a parade holding the Maltese flag whilst other countries wore traditional costumes.  It’s a pity that the trip ended so quickly and I wish I could re-live this trip over again.

Katrin Attard


Through our stay in Poland we were quite surprised by its’ weather, as we were expecting it to be cold, when in reality it was very hot and sunny! I loved everything about the visit to Poland as we did many things in only 3 days. One of my favorite memories in Poland would definitely be the activities which our polish friends along with their teachers organised on the first day. These activities made all of us from the different countries get to know one another better. After the first day, we had already made friends with many students from all the countries which took part in this project. However, us Maltese truly miss all the friends we made in our trip to Poland and I wish that we’d get the chance to meet again! And finally it was really great to see our Polish friends, Julita, Wojtek, Natalia, Ola, Marcin, Paulina and Michal again in their country after they visited ours!

Alexia Said


On the 22nd of April, together with my group of friends, we started our Comenius Project trip to Poland. After a lot of travelling, we met the other four groups from different European countries. These were: Poland, Italy, Bulgaria and France. Our group represented Malta. Throughout the trip we made lots of friends and learnt a lot about different cultures. We saw some shocking sites such as the concentration camp, which was truly touching. We also had some activities together to get to know each other better. Personally, strangely enough, I enjoyed it when we were on the bus all together, since that was the time when we actually got to talk to each other. I got to learn how to say a few words from each language, and we also taught the others a few basic words in Maltese. We got to learn a lot about different cultures on the second day, when everybody had to perform a short play which showed characteristics of the respective country. We got to see a lot of traditional costumes. All in all it was an amazing experience which I definitely will not forget, since I got to make new friends, and also strengthen friendships I already had. 

Camille Pellicano

"My experience in Poland was unique, fun and exciting. The trip to the Palace complex in Kozlowka was an insight on how Polish noble and important families lived at the time.  Majadanek Concentration Camp was also an eye-opener into how a concentration camp operated and the sheer suffering of the people who were imprisoned behind their walls. The visit to Ks.  Kwiatkowski Secondary School in Bychawa  allowed me to compare and contrast schools and schooling in Poland and in Malta. I enjoyed acting on stage and seeing the other countries' plays. The old and new parts of the city of Lublin were interesting too as they showed past and present Polish architecture. Lublin's castle was very beautiful and very clean. The riverside town of Kazimierz Dolny was nice to see how an old Polish town looked. I am happy that I was given this wonderful opportunity to be part of the Comenius Project and I thank everyone involved in making this trip such a memorable one."

Gabriel Attard


This trip to Poland was an amazing experience which I will never forget.  I made a lot of new friends from different countries like Poland, Bulgaria, Italy and France, with whom I am still in touch through Facebook.  We share our experience and photos we took during the trip. 
My favourite part of this trip was when we went to the concentration camp.  The concentration camp was a very interesting place where I learnt a lot about the hardships that the Polish and the Jews had to go through.  I was impressed when the guide told us what little food the prisoners were given and by the large number of shoes stacked upon each other which belonged to all the people that were killed at the camp. 
This trip was a real success and to me, the highlight of this trip was when we took part in a quiz: Using The Five Senses, where all the students participating in the Comenius project took part.  This quiz gave us the opportunity to mingle with each other, work, laugh, smile and thus to get to know all participants in a fun environment.

Martin Attard

Last April after the Eater holidays, ten students of San Andrea Senior School, together with Ms Marie Louise and other four teachers have been to Poland to take part in the “Comenius project trip”. This project was something very amazing, because you could go to other countries, meet new people and make new friends.
We met adolescents from Italy, Poland, France, Bulgaria and all of them were very nice . We went to difference cities in Poland where we visited places that gave us an insight of typical culture of the Polish people.

Martina Zamparini


What impressed me most in Poland was the cleanliness and the fresh air of the place. The gardens are beautiful and full of flowers. I loved the visit at the castle in the old part of Lublin… with the drawbridge…like a fairytale come true. The visit to the Concentration Camp will remain forever etched on my mind. But mostly, I loved meeting the friendly students from Poland, France, Italy and Bulgaria. The party and its activities and the show are what allowed us to get to know each other better. I would certainly visit Poland again.

Kluivert  Lee Borg

I remember that I was very happy when I got to know that I was one of the students chosen to go on the final Comenius trip to Poland. What I didn’t know was that the trip was going to be such a special and memorable one. I enjoyed the trip very much, from beginning to end. It was very well organised and the excursions were interesting, especially the concentration camp we visited. Besides this, the local people were very friendly and helpful. For me, the most important aspect of this trip was the friendships created with other students of different nationalities. When the trip ended, I also realised how us Maltese students became closer and strengthened our friendships through the experiences we shared together. Until today, I still wish that the trip didn’t end so quickly, as I miss everyone very much, apart from the fact that it was a different experience for me. When considering that everything was EU funded, this was a unique and once-in-a-lifetime trip that I will never forget! J


Jamie Psaila

No comments:

Post a Comment