Tuesday 22 January 2013

We sure had fun carol singing in different languages!

As you can see, the children really enjoyed this lesson. This is also the reason why I have waited so long to post it...I wished to edit the video clips, shorten them, but I did not manage and thus I present to you the original, very amateur version. 

During my class we have found carols in different languages. My students managed to sing along the Italian and French carols. But although we did not sing along the Bulgarian and Polish carols, we still appreciated them very much. We looked for carols in karaoke version and this allowed us to see the written language and compare it with the aural version. I believe that my students will leave San Andrea and among other things, they will surely not forget this lesson.










These are the lyrics of "Ninu Ninu tal-Milied", the Maltese carol that we chose for you. Try to sing along....


"Ninu Ninu tal-Milied,
Ommu għamlet il-qagħqiet.
Il-qagħqiet tal-qastanija,
Santu Rokku bit-tiġrija.
Għaddew il-Festi kollha,
Baqa’ biss Santa Marija."




No comments:

Post a Comment